A holiday in Constance at Lake Constance is simultaneously a bathing holiday and a holiday in the mountains as is also the case of Lake Garda south of the Alps.
In the Steigenberger Inselhotel, a former Dominican monastery, the guest has a box seat directly at the lakeside. From the hotel, it is only a few minutes to the old city and the city centre of Constance with its innumerable historical buildings and the pedestrian zone.
The possibilities are numerous and varied, not only for families: skiing, climbing, hill-walking and mountain biking in nearby Switzerland, golfing, surfing, kiting, boat trips, the Zeppelin Museum, and, of course, a visit to the island of Mainau and the Rhine Falls of Schaffhausen. Important dates in the event calendar are the wine festival, the open air events and the Lake Constance Festival.
Arrival & Departure
Reserved rooms are available from 3:00 pm on your day of arrival. Please feel welcome to use your room until 12:00 noon on your day of departure.
With pleasure we also offer a late check out or early check on request and subject to availability at charge.
- 100 rooms and 2 suites
- special floor for non-smokers
- special rooms for the disabled
- 2 restaurants, 1 bar, 1 terrace
- fitness facilities, sauna, steam room, solarium
- 6 conference rooms for up to 400 people
- room service
- laundry, valet and shoeshine service
- free newspapers
- newspaper stand
- express check in/out
- secretarial service
- free WiFi with a bandwidth of up to 256 KB/s for entire duration of stay - technical conditions permitting
- internet terminal
- lakeside beach
- bike rental